Tag is a game I usually play with my kids. But this blog tag thing… hmmm. Okay, I’ll give it a shot.
I was tagged by Bart Gibby. He was my home teacher in a previous ward (it’s an LDS thing) and we’ve kept in touch via email after I moved out.
I guess the idea is for me to reveal five lesser known things about me, then tag five others with the same task.
I just hope the bloggers I hit don’t hate me as much as I hate those dang email chain letters I’m always getting from well-intentioned friends and family. Well, here goes.
Five things you probably don’t know about me:
- I’m a comic book freak. I started collecting when I was 12, and stopped when I was around 17… a matter of money rather than desire. Then comics got crazy with all the gold foil special edition crap they started pushing, going the way of sports cards. I lost interest after that.
- I estimate that I’ve seen the Transformers movie (animated) well over 100 times. I bought the VHS when I was 20, and now my kids have seen it nearly as much as I have.
- I’ve killed well over 100 rabbits. Though I was desensitized to killing through USMC training, I quit hunting rabbits because I started to feel bad about all the killing. Rabbits are innocent. Humans are not.
- I dated a girl that tried to get into my pants once. I wouldn’t let her though, so the relationship didn’t last. Guys the world over have since asked me, “What were you thinking?!”
- My great great great grandfather (or thereabouts) was told by his future father-in-law that he would not be allowed to marry his daughter unless he took on the family name (the daughter was the last in the family, and her father wanted the name to continue). My ancestor agreed. Ain’t love grand? Except now, instead of a nice traditional American name, I’m stuck with a name that nobody else is able to pronounce correctly. Way to go grand dad!
Sorry it’s not all that exciting. And for the rest of you who, for some weird reason, thought I was a Navy SEAL with 22 confirmed kills (2 with a shovel)… it’s not true. Well, not the Navy SEAL part anyway
You guys are now “it”. I’ll take no offense if you kill me for hatred of receiving the blog equivalent of a chain letter.